Stop and feel in the woods.
Escape from hectic days. Otari is far away from big cities.
Let's step into the woods. A guide will take you to the forest in Otari.
Feel each moment by using five senses - sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste.
Sunlight, birdsong, wind, spring water and beech trees will help you attune yourself to nature.
No fixed schedule. No destination. Sometimes no words. Good for self-searching.
And then you will realize "being here now" as a part of nature is full of happiness.
After enjoying a peaceful time, you would love this new way of spending time in the woods.
1-day private Forest Therapy tour
Spending time by the quiet and beautiful "Kamaike" pond.
An English speaking guide will take you to the world of Forest Therapy.
||JR Minami Otari station 8:45 a.m.
8:45 a.m. JR Minami Otari station
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Forest therapy around Kamaike pond & lunch
4 p.m. JR Minami Otari station
- It takes about 40 minutes from JR Minami Otari station to Kamaike pond. A guide will take you there in his/her car.
- Rain or shine. If the weather forecast is really bad, we cancel or postpone the tour. In that case, we will let you know by 6 p.m. on the previous day.
- Clothing suitable for outdoor activities. Water-repellent jacket and trousers are recommended. Snacks and drink.
- There is a small open spa (additional 100 yen or so). We can drop by if you want on the way to Minami Otari station. Bring a towel in that case.
- If there is any request on meeting place/time, please let us know. We will see what we can do.
Please pay in cash on the spot.
The price includes lunch, insurance and guide fee.
Basically this tour is planned for one to four people, but please contact us if you have any other request.
- 1 person: 16,500 yen / person
- 2 people: 9,000 yen / person
- 3 people: 6,500 yen / person
- 4 people: 5,000 yen / person
Contact us if you want to apply for the above tour or have any question.
There are closing dates for application: 10 days prior to your preferred date. If your party is more than 10 people, one month prior to your preferred date.
||What is "Forest Therapy" ?
Everyone knows good feeling in the woods. There are many reasons people feel so.
Improving immune strength, regulating autonomic nerve system and reducing mental and physical stress.
These are some of the effects on human body in the woods. The effect has been proved by evidence data.
The forest of Otari has also proved such effect and been recognized as "Base of Forest Therapy" by Forest Therapy Society since 2007.
Obtaining your mental and physical health by using forest environment is one of the goals of Forest Therapy.
Let's walk through the woods, lie on the grass and take deep breath in front of big trees with a guide.
Your health conditions will be improved after spending a certain amount of time in the forest.
Otari is located in northern part of Nagano prefecture, Japan.
The village is one of the deep-snow districts and more than 80% of its land is forest and mountains.
The area is blessed with abundant nature and that is why we can host "Forest Therapy".
We have two national parks, historical trails and easy walking trails paved with wood chip, and they are also used for Forest Therapy.
Although there are no attractions like big cities, there are rich nature, gift of the earth and stillness instead.
We would like you to find, feel and enjoy them in Otari.